By Emily Williams-Robertshaw
After moving the dates of this year’s Birmingham Parade of Homes from May to June, the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders will kick off the annual spring event June 17.
The kick-off party will be held at this year’s Ideal Home, in Hoover’s Heatherwood community and built by Centennial Homes.
The custom build with cutting-edge technology and high-end features will set the tone for the tour.
The parade will feature 18 new constructions ranging in size from approximately 1,000 square feet to more than 4,800 square feet.
The parade runs June 18-20 and June 25-27. Homes will be open for touring from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. each Friday and Saturday, and from noon to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
In a welcome letter to attendees, 2021 Parade of Homes Chairman Joshua Dean notes that this year’s parade has something for everyone.
“Whether you are a first-time buyer, looking for luxury in a move-up, or someone scaling down, or if you are looking for a remodeling contractor, this event will provide something for everyone,” Dean said. “The homes exhibit the professionalism, authenticity and unsurpassed standards of the GBAHB Builders.”
Homes on the tour that are in Over the Mountain neighborhoods and communities include:
• Main Level Living by AGH Homes, at 861 Southbend Lane in Vestavia Hill’s Southbend.
• Edmond A by Embassy Homes, at 1950 Cyrus Cove Drive in Hoover’s The Cove at Lake Cyrus.
• Kinsley A by Embridge Homes, at 1705 Coates Pass in Hoover’s The Park at Lake Wilborn.
• Langston 1B by Signature Homes, at 3016 Alley Circle in Hoover’s Blackridge.
• Bennett 1B by Signature Homes, at 4005 Olivia Road in Hoover’s Green Trails at Lake Wilborn.
• Barnsley 1B by Signature Homes, at 8020 Annika Drive in Hoover’s Abingdon by the River.
• Hallman by Tower Homes, at 3903 Sydney Drive in Birmingham’s Sydney Manor.
• The Woodlands by Wedgeworth Construction, at 2212 Walnut Hill Drive in Vestavia Hills’ Walnut Hill.
For more information and updates, visit birminghamparadeofhomes.com.