The Girl Scouts Young Philanthropists (YP) Society will host the fifth annual Soiree on Thursday, July 17, 2014, at Rosewood Hall in Homewood’s SoHo Square from 6–9 p.m.
Young professionals are invited to join the YP Society for food and drinks, a silent auction and Role Model Runway fashion show featuring clothing provided by Belk at Colonial Brookwood Village.
New this year, local chefs from Bellini’s, Dreamcakes, FoodBar and the Silvertron Café will compete in the Chef’s Cookie Challenge, where chefs will create recipes using Girl Scout cookies. Guests will get a taste of their concoctions and vote for a people’s choice winner.
Regular priced tickets are $25; however, the first 25 early bird tickets can be purchased for $20. Tickets include food, wine and beer provided by Good People Brewing Company. The first 50 guests will receive swag bags filled with gifts and special offers.
Proceeds from the event ensure that girls across North-Central Alabama have the opportunity to participate in Girl Scout programs.
Participating as models on the Role Model Runway are:
- Lacey Bacchus, marketing coordinator at Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith.
- Danielle Downing, marketing manager at Burr & Forman LLP.
- Jason Eppenger, commercial relationship manager, Wells Fargo.
- Carrie Glover, business development associate at RX Benefits.
- Niki Harris, accounting manager, Southern Nuclear.
- Josh Vasa, operations and production manager, Sidewalk Film Festival
- Ginny Willings, human resources specialist at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama.
Committee members include Chrissy Aubin, Caitlin Covey, Taylor Marie Hardy, Laura Landrum and Olivia Peeden.
Sponsors for the event include Belk, Regions Bank, Good People Brewing Company, Renasant Bank, Shelby Living Magazines, Infomedia and Sirote & Permutt.
For sponsor and ticket information, contact Kelly Connelly, annual campaigns & events manager, at 453-9513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.